WELCOME TO THE BLOG SITE OF TAD RUIZ

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cousin / Mentor your preference!

Listening to:

Lead me to the Cross by Hillsong ( a great tune I must say!)

Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy. Psalm 33:3

...ok so this blog, considering I have not blogged in a minute, is dedicated to my cousin Cassidy S. Cavazos. First off I must say I love my entire family, and to them I will blog about later. However in this intimate moment, I would like to take this time to tell the whole world where the ability to do what I do, at the drop of a dime in some cases no doubt, came from. Yes ultimately it is the Lord who gives us the ability, skills, and talents. He also sends peeps our way to help us along the way of the Master! So with that we can begin...
I actually grew up in church and around music and p&w music my whole life. I was in 8th grade when I started playing sax in church, Bethel Temple Christian Center to be exact. Mom and Pastor's wife would stay up late transposing music to fit my notes on sax...and God bless em' for that. Well...9th grade rolled right around the corner and that's when I started playing sax at my Uncle's Church, Hope Church in Abilene, Tx. Well there's more history as far as seeing Cassidy in the worship light, but that'll come in a later blog. Anyhow I played drums for Cassidy during the service...so Fast songs (praise songs some would say) I played drums, then worship (slow song) I would play sax...lol...with this mic that was like a "britney spears mic" without the head gear so it would fit literally inside my sax.
Well to make a long story short... in seeing Cassidy all these years I eventually learned from Him how to play piano, read charts, sing, sing while playing, and sing while playing and leading all in progression. Now folks those of you that do lead in this manner, with an instrument in front of you as well as a microphone, you know it takes coordination...like a mug...but thanks be to God...I've succeeded and still am...Cassidy...yeah well He's just amazing, and if you don't know Him world, now you do! I love him not only because He's my cousin, but better yet becuase He has inspired me mentally,spiritually,socially, and of course musically!
So to those aspiring to be musicians, worship leaders, vocalists...I challenge you to hone your craft unto the Creator...for it is He who grants all the anointing and ability you need to succeed in your talent!!!

Keep it Musical,

Tadness

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always remember my music mentors too.. God places them in your path to mold you in your own right huh?! God Bless Tad and nice to hear from you too!!

Unknown said...

Way to honor someone who is special to you Tad. Man, I miss you bro. Every time I lead worship I think about jammin' with you. Bouncin' to the beat, worshiping the Creator together...if I think about it for a second I can hear you blowin' away on that sax for Christ.

I'm honored to have shared the stage with you many times at SAGU. Love you bro.

Anonymous said...

that's really nice

nigga

i didn't know you blogged too