WELCOME TO THE BLOG SITE OF TAD RUIZ

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Don't touch the Door or the Handle.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
You know I thought about Avery Johnson, Former Head coach for the Mavericks, when I was thinking up this blog. For those that are not familiar with the recent event let me make it simple, Coach Johnson got fired yesterday! However, my thoughts are not to rant and rave about Coach Johnson, but better yet to point out the Lord's working in the midst of all the calamity and on behalf of Avery Johnson. A lesson to be learned here folks. Despite the fact that He got canned one day after the losing twice in the first round of the playoffs, and despite the fact that their are mixed emotions on all sides, this is what has come to light in my mind. Though He is "jobless" at a very high price no doubt, it yet remains that New York or Chicago may opt to pick Him up as a coach!
All that to say what many of us have heard all our lives, especially in the spiritual, "God never closes one door without opening another..." I feel like I just echoed that through the chambers of the Myerson Symphony Hall in downtown Dallas...and the Hall was empty. HELLO folks, God is alive and active and doing very quick and marvelous things before our eyes... So with that I exclaim my title of these thoughts DON'T TOUCH THE DOOR OR THE HANDLE! How often do we as people attempt to want to make our own path straight? Or perhaps we know what's best for us? Or "It's all good, I have this under control...nothing else necessary."
If that is you, then you my friend are touching the door and the handle.
When you can grasp the concept of the verse above, and say to yourself, " I realize I can't do this alone or on my own....I need God." Then you are at a point where you are able to be utililzed for kingdom purpose. Remember those doors that seemed impossible to open? Yeah well you were never supposed to touch that door, much less try to force it open. Friends I'm here to write to you today, that the plans that God has for your lives is far better than any we could ask or imagine!
Take to heart the fact that when you wait on God for the answer and the 'correct' door to walk through...the door will be unlocked and YES you may enter now!
I leave you with this...If you force the door open, you are walking through the door in copmlete disobedience. If you wait on God for the door to open, whichever door HE chooses, then you are trusting in the one who brought you to that door you are suppose to walk through!
Have a blessed day,
Tad

2 comments:

Lat;-) said...

Timely...extremely timely for my life at this time...Thanks amigo!

Ashley Nay said...

soooooo true my friend! thank you for sharing that!